Mother's Little Helper (organic)

Herbal Tea
Chamomile, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Peppermint, Rose Hips, Valerian Root
Floral, Fruity, Medicinal, Tart, Flowers, Peppermint, Tea, Lemon Zest, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Mint, Lemon, Tangy, Herbaceous, Sweet, Herbs
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

The great escape

Need a little relaxation? Try running for the shelter of this mother’s little helper. It’s got organic valerian (aka “nature’s Valium”) to take the edge off your 24/7 reality. Plus there’s chamomile, peppermint and lemongrass for an added dose of tranquility. And pretty blue cornflowers just to make you happy. One sip and you’ll feel like you’ve spent the day at a spa. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: peppermint, lemongrass, rosehips, Fair Trade Certified hibiscus, chamomile flowers, valerian root, cornflowers. With natural peppermint flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is kind of an odd tea to me…can’t really decide if I like it. I chose it to drink tonight because my mind and body needed to relax after a long shift at work, and I’m not sure yet if it’s going to work for its intended purpose. If it does…awesome. I don’t dislike the flavor at all, but if I’m going to drink something minty, I’d probably prefer just plain peppermint tea.

The mint in this is very strong, as well as the lemongrass. Luckily the flavors mingle quite well, because the scent of the dry leaves is really overpowering.

Flavors: Lemongrass, Peppermint

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

This one mainly just tastes like peppermint and flowers…
Really don’t have too much to say about it…Wasn’t my favorite, but I didn’t love it either. It was alright. I wouldn’t drink it again probably xD
I don’t understand why everyone in the DavidsTea fan group on FB always raved about it…actually, I don’t know why they raved about most of those teas. xD But yeah, no…this one is really nothing special, least to me!
Thanks for letting me try it though, Megan Low! :D :D

Flavors: Flowers, Mint, Peppermint

I don’t drink it for the taste but for utilitarian purposes— helps put me to sleep.

I tried this at my Mother in Law’s house. This is one of those teas I’ve wanted to try for quite some time but never got around to doing so. The cup that I had was actually the second steeping of the leaves but I think I got a good enough idea of the tea to review it.

Why oh why did they put hibiscus in this tea? This tea would have been an easy 85+ rating if they didn’t. The hibiscus isn’t too bold but it’s still the main flavour, followed by peppermint and chamomile. I finished my cup, but I don’t like hibiscus and I’m glad I didn’t purchase this tea.

This tea was a huge disappointment.

Flavors: Hibiscus, Mint

I couldn’t agree more – I dislike this tea and wanted to like it so very badly. I’m trying to unload my stash on someone :/

Have you tried doing a tea swap? That’s how I got rid of some of my tea recently.

I’m thankful I didn’t purchase this tea and instead just tried some at my Mother In Law’s house. Saved me some money!

I’m working on a few right now – this site is excellent for organizing them (no wants my darn MLH though haha)

I agree, I love the cupboard option and seeing which tea is the oldest.

If you can’t get rid MLH, maybe try mixing it with a tea you do like? or fish out a bunch of the hibiscus pieces and toss them? That’s what I would do anyways :)

I totally agree about this one. I don’t know why it’s one of their most popular teas. I think the combination is hibiscus and mint is awful.

Agreed. So many of their fruit teas/ herbal teas have hibiscus and I just go WHYYY.

Everytime there’s a seasonal tea collection I mentally cross off all the black teas (can’t have them due to a sensitive stomach :( ) and any tea with hibiscus. That usually eliminates half of every season collection if not more. This goes for new “tea of the month” teas as well. To be honest I’ve tried very few of their new teas because none of have really suited my palate :(.

MLH + Melatonin + SVU = My favorite way to spend an evening. Seriously. This is MEDICINE – the flavor is besides the point. It’s a typical herbal taste mix but full of tranq-y goodness and enjoyable enough to sip while watching Liv & El take down those pedos, pervs and other sexually based offencers. Is it time for bed yet? Recommended AND Required (for life).

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

I drank this about a week and a half ago bc I was sick and dying and I couldn’t move out of bed and I wanted a tea just to make myself feel better and this one smelled healthy and I tasted it and it was quite possibly the most foul tea I’ve ever tasted I hate it so much I drank two sips and threw it down the drain it was gross.

I really like this blend – taste, smell, the lovely pink colour (in some steeps)… I still dislike that herbal teas don’t resteep well :(. After one cup I feel the tension in my body melt away a little bit. Even if it’s not the valerian root and is just a placebo, it works and that is awesome. Waaay more expensive than my Herbaria lemon balm bags but it will be nice to have once in a while to mix it up.

Mother’s Little Helper does wonderful things for me:
It tastes and smells great; minty, herby, slightly sweet.
Gives me a happy warm full belly.
Makes me feel much better when I am sick.
Makes me feel super relaxed when I am stressed.
Makes me feel sleepy when I am wired.
And gets the Rolling Stones song by the same name stuck in my head.
I drink it infrequently and mix it half and half with DAVIDs organic Chamomile. Enjoying this tea full strength and frequently will be one big plus for when baby weans, whenever that may be.

Bought this after having slept like 4 hours each night for a week due to stress, and my prescription stopped helping. Took it about an hour before I slept, and it knocked me straight out. Slept very soundly. This tea is great. It smells mostly like lemon grass and vaguely “good”.

1 tsp

Having a second cup (drank the first before I thought about logging) to just calm and chill down at work. Tea, soothing away the stress.

I got a small tin of this tea as part of a DT gift box with a neat customizable travel mug. It’s a pretty standard minty-flavoured herbal tea – I’ve drank many like it. It’s pleasant though with the mint and lemongrass covering the flavour of the valerian. It definitely has sedative properties so I’d advise drinking this one before going to bed.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML