Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Carrot, Apple, Fruity, Melon
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
170 °F / 76 °C 6 min, 30 sec 68 oz / 2000 ml

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I finally made Luscious Watermelon iced today. WOW! It’s a delicious punch in the face. I was actually afraid that this tea would taste too similiar to Goji Pop iced, but that was silly because both teas stand out in their individual greatness. YUUUUMMMMM!

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Dang it. Another I have to add to my shopping list.

It is soooo good! And the kids at work love it too!

This was actually my cold brewed tea from Monday, which, again, I’ve only just got around to logging now. Courtney sent me a very generous sample, so I tried a cup hot and then used the rest to make a litre of cold brew. My first thought upon trying this was that it’s actually really sweet – sweeter than it seemed when I tried it hot. The watermelon flavour comes out really well, although the other ingredients are a bit lost. That’s not a bad thing, though, given that this is supposed to be a watermelon tea and not apple or carrot or beetroot.

I did find this sweet at first, but I also found that it grew on me as the day went on. You can’t deny that the flavour’s there, and it almost had that sweet, juicy stickiness that real watermelon has. Great stuff – very enjoyable on a hot day!

Iced 8 min or more

I cold brewed the last of this, probably stale at this point as it was from back in the day when DT used teal sticky labels on their bags and included a cute description rather than ingredients, haha.

It’s good! A nice, refreshing, caffeine free option. Especially given the lovely weather here in NB lately.

Can you sweeten cold tea? No, right? I wanted to. It was missing a little something something. I added some raspberries and lemon juice to whiz it up. Maybe lime juice next time.
I will buy more when/if they re-release it :)

Use some kind of liquid sweetener to sweeten cold tea and have it mix in right. You can make simple syrup by mixing 1 part water to 1 part sugar by just shaking it up in a jar until it’s combined, then just keep it in the fridge and it’s good for a couple weeks. 2 parts sugar lasts even longer:

I always add sugar to cold brewed teas if they need. You just have to stir a lot to get it to dissolve.

Good to know, thanks!

I wasn’t drinking tea when this flavour was available. I want it!
And yes, I add sugar to cold teas. Like Lala says, it takes a little longer but hey… Something in liquid form is better. Not honey though, it just globs when it hits cold anything!

I like making simple syrup with honey. :) Live on the wild side, etc.

Oh Luscious Watermelon. You are amazing.

I’m having this one iced tonight. But not cold brewed. Just steeped with ice cubes. Switching it up from all the hot tea I’ve been having non-stop for days. Now back to studying.

So my partner just made his morning cream of earl grey after using the steeper for luscious watermelon last night, and it tastes like cream of luscious watermelon!

Is that a good or bad thing?!

Well it was actually quite tasty, but the other half was a bit confused I think. He just wanted a cream of earl grey and wasn’t expecting anything else!

Hahaha, poor guy!

Funny! I might just try that, love them both!

We didn’t clean the steeper out after using it for luscious watermelon, just left the tea bits in there then hot water rinsed it the following morning, if that helps!

Due to forgetfulness I let this cold-steep for a little over 24 hours.
Oh… my… goddd
This is amaaaaazing. It is incredibly sweet without having to add anything to it, and I usually don’t like watermelon but the watermelon taste really comes through here and I don’t know, it’s just amazing. Perfect for summer cause it’s so refreshing and fruity and did I mention amazing.
Also this is the first tea with beetroot in it that hasn’t bothered me! Maybe it’s because it’s iced?? I can’t pick it up at all! Yayy!
Brb, going to buy a huge tin of this.

Tina S.

This is totally one of my favourites, and yeah, it is better and better the longer you let it cold steep.

So true! I find that the same with Blazing Strawberries as well. I’ll sometimes like the two of these steep for days – enjoy this all summer long!~ woot :D

Daniel Scott

Sooo agree, I adore LW, I need to buy more. If I could drink a pitcher of this every day this summer I’d be so happy, but I’d go broke!

Normally whenever I see watermelon-flavoured or -scented anything, I slowly back away. Remind me again how artificial watermelon tastes and smells anything like the actual melon?

But this is an exception. It smells like fruit juice, mostly watermelon with a hint of strawberry in the background. It smells like a watermelon slice to the power of 27.

As soon as I take a sip and the tea hits my taste buds, it reminds me of biting into a fresh watermelon slice, but a split second later, even more flavours burst out. It’s ultra melon-y and the strawberry comes out too. And not overwhelmingly sweet either. Why would anyone want to drink juice packed with sugar and calories when you can just have this instead?

Way to be, DT. I wouldn’t mind having more of this.

oh no >.

It’s like you’re drinking juice! This is great fruity tea that I look forward to buying when it comes back in season! Dehydrated watermelon is amazing and its really nice in tea. My only issues with the tea is that it has a slightly tangy after taste. This could be because the sales girl admittedly told me that she ate the watermelon pieces all the time from the tin when she was working. I think I’m going to order this online and maybe I’ll have a fair amount of watermelon pieces? I only had a few in the bag that I bought (50 g).

The salesgirl at our store admitted the same thing… I love David’s Tea but the staff should keep their fingers out of the tea that’s going to be sold to customers.. : )

Really sad to hear this but when I asked in store was told they aren’t bringing this one back this year! Gutted! Hopefully be a good replacement though!

Nooo!!! That’s awful! I emailed them about ordering more from them.. and they said they’d bring it back, but that was before Christmas. D:

I hope they bring more good stuff in if they’re gonna take a bunch of good teas out..

I just picked some up today at Davids Tea… So I am assuming there is still hope.

Eatting the watermelon peices! Oh I hope that is not an issue at their Victoria stores!

Gazel M.

That’s kind of gross, and something you shouldn’t be admitting to customers, dont’cha think?

Once I finished steeping this, I knew I didn’t want to have it hot. Something about hot watermelon didn’t sit right with me. So I threw it in a tumbler and chilled it. When I took my first sip, it wasn’t tasting like watermelon, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. So my 3 year old son came over and asked if he could try some. He took a sip and said “Mommy, that tastes like bananas”. Then it clicked, I took another sip, and bam! there it was. It DOES taste like bananas, not real bananas though, like banana flavored Runts (you know those little candies you used to get out of the machine in the grocery store?)
Overall, it was good, but I don’t think it would be something I would purchase.

I swear, people talk about banana-flavoured runts on here all the time!! Hahaha :)

I guess that’s what people think of when we taste something banana-y, at least i’m not the only one. I thought it was a little silly sounding :)

Banana runts, huh? Tasted like watermelon to me! But I only tried a sample in the store, so who knows how they prepared it.

i’ll admit… i got this one in a swap having ulterior motives for it. I didn’t love this tea, when it was sold in stores.. it was okay .. i preferred others that collection.. anyways.. my buddy at the davids here was telling me how he made a tea pop out of this and it was unreal… he told me this about the perfect pear i had hoarded and shared with him.. and i tried it and it was unreal, so ithought he must be telling the truth about this.. i scoured long and hard to find this, and with success, got some from courtney. I took it in today and he made me a teapop.. oh my god… that is absolutely how this tea should be drank.. it was is the perfect taste.. it tastes like a big ripe watermelon… i’m so sad that its all gone now… lol my only hope is to somehow find the last dregs of luscious watermelon left on this planet..